After what has occurred in my life in recent weeks (a cathartic, spiritual growth experience like none I've ever had before), I decided it would be best to create a "Statement of Faith" of sorts that anyone who visits this forum can read at any time.
My hope is that there will be no illusions about where I stand on certain subjects when it comes to my cherished faith; not just the basic tenets of our shared faith, but those topics of eschatology that are regularly discussed and studied here.
Anyway, it will be replacing the "Prophecy Basics" tab at the top of the Main Page. After all, many of the people who stop by the site are already professing Christians who have been exposed to end times Bible prophecy.
Plus, given my unique set of circumstances over the last month or so I get the sense that my focus now (in addition to reporting on the prophecy related news) should be to apply what I've learned by encouraging and reminding fellow Brothers and Sisters in Christ not to make the same mistakes I did. How will I attempt to do that? By reiterating how important it is to continue to work towards a holy and obedient lifestyle as we continue to mature as Christians who have graduated to "solid food" because that's what sanctification is all about, right?
That being said, I'm also adding 2 new Categories -- "Bible Study" and "Spiritual Growth" -- too. Hopefully, it's obvious why I've decided to go that route. Simply put, I was elevating my love for studying signs (my love for prophecy) over my love for the Lord and His Word. Worse, I was spending more time in the world trying to interpret current events through the prism of prophecy then I was in the Word trying to gain a deeper understanding of my Savior and applying that knowledge to my own life in order to grow.
Rest assured that we'll still go rabbit hunting, but for every prophecy related/"signs I'm seeing" article, I intend to write a Bible Study/Spiritual Growth column to help keep us (mainly me) grounded and anchored to what's most important.
In the Long Overdue Department, many of you will be thrilled to learn that I've finally added a Search Bar to the website, which can be found along the left hand side of the page. This should help you access various topics easily and quickly. Over the next few days you'll probably notice a few other subtle but important changes like more blogs added to the "Must Read Websites" section. Anyway, I just wanted to hit the reset button before getting back into the full swing of things around here.
LOOK UP FELLOWSHIP'S STATEMENT OF FAITH
The sole basis of my beliefs is the Holy Bible, God's infallible written Word, the 66 books of the Old and New Testaments. I believe that it was uniquely, verbally, and fully inspired by the Holy Spirit and that it was written without error (inerrant) in the original manuscripts. It is the supreme and final authority in all matters on which it speaks.
I accept those areas of doctrinal teaching on which, historically, there has been general agreement among all true Christians. Because of the specialized nature of this ministry (if it's ok to even call it that), I desire to allow for freedom of conviction on other doctrinal matters, provided that any interpretation is based upon the Bible alone, and that no such interpretation shall become an issue which hinders the work to which God is accomplishing here.
Besides, we know from Proverbs 25:2 that "It is the glory of God to conceal a matter..." Christians are supposed to be lovers of truth, and I'm hoping we can all consider that our current interpretations of prophecy may be slightly incorrect since we also know that 1 Corinthians 13 tells us we see "through a glass, darkly" and that God even told Daniel in Daniel 12:4, "But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased."
Thus, when it comes to the study of Bible prophecy and my current understanding following such study I believe the following to be true in general:
1. The events foretold in the Book of Revelation are set in our future and are therefore unfulfilled.
2. The Rapture of the Church is a literal and future event to come.
On matters of end times prophecy it's very important for me to convey to you that I am not above admitting that I may be wrong in my interpretation and understanding of some things. May we all be so flexible and humble.
However, when it comes to the basic tenets of our shared faith I will boldly proclaim that I will never waver on the following beliefs:
1. There is only one true God and that is the God of the Holy Bible. He eternally exists in three persons -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit -- each of whom possesses equally all the attributes of Deity and the characteristics of personality.
2. Jesus Christ is God, the living Word, my Lord and Savior, who became flesh through His miraculous conception by the Holy Spirit and His virgin birth. Hence, He is perfect and no one gets to the Father except through faith in Him.
3. He lived a sinless life and voluntarily atoned for the sins of men by dying on the cross as their substitute, thus satisfying divine justice and accomplishing salvation for all who trust in Him alone.
4. He rose from the dead in the same body, though glorified, in which He lived and died.
5. He ascended bodily into Heaven and sat down at the right hand of God the Father, where He, the only mediator between God and man, continually makes intercession for His own.
6. Man was originally created in the image of God. He sinned by disobeying God; thus, he was alienated from his Creator. That historic fall brought all mankind under divine condemnation.
7. Man's nature is corrupted, and he is thus totally unable to please God. Every man is in need of regeneration and renewal by the Holy Spirit.
8. The salvation of man is wholly a work of God's free grace and is not the work, in whole or in part, of human works or goodness or religious ceremony. God imputes His righteousness to those who put their faith in Christ alone for their salvation, and thereby justified them in His sight.
9. It is the privilege of all who are born again of the Spirit to be assured of their salvation from the very moment in which they trust Christ as their Savior. This assurance is not based upon any kind of human merit, but is produced by the witness of the Holy Spirit, who confirms in the believer the testimony of God in His written Word. I don't believe in leaving Jesus hanging on the cross.
10. The Holy Spirit has come into the world to reveal and glorify Jesus Christ and to apply the saving work of Christ to men. He convicts and draws sinners to Christ, imparts new life to them, continually indwells them from the moment of spiritual birth, and seals them until the day of redemption. His fullness, power, and control are appropriated in the believer's life by faith.
11. Every believer is called to live so in the power of the indwelling Spirit that he will not fulfill the lust of the flesh but will bear fruit to the glory of God. I will constantly work at taking every thought captive to Christ.
12. Jesus Christ is the Head of the Church, His Body, which is composed of all men, living and dead, who have been joined to Him through saving faith.
13. God admonishes His people to assemble together regularly for worship, for participation in ordinances, for edification through the Scriptures and for mutual encouragement. May this forum contribute to that end in some small way and encourage us to take part in greater, more in-depth fellowship and worship after leaving this space.
14. Jesus Christ will come again to the Earth -- personally, visibly, and bodily -- to consummate history and the eternal plan of God.
15. The Lord Jesus Christ commanded all believers to proclaim the Gospel throughout the world and to disciple men of every nation. The fulfillment of that Great Commission requires that all worldly and personal ambitions be subordinated to a total commitment to "Him who loved us and gave Himself for us." Again, may He empower me to perform and fulfill this command here.
16. The Lord Jesus Christ commanded us repeatedly to watch and pray so that's what I intend to do with each day He gives me on this planet.
What We're Praying/Talking About
Our faith in action, or our small contribution in trying to apply what we're taught in Hebrews 5-6 and James 2:17-26 for the benefit of our dear brothers and sisters within the Body of Christ...
Look Up Fellowship Media [LUFM]
Fair Use Statement
This is a personal blog, but I've been told that I need to include a formal statement of this nature. So, here goes. This website may contain copyrighted material, the use of which may not have been authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in an effort to advance understanding of cultural, economic, environmental, human rights, political, religious, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml”. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond "fair use," then you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.